It’s that time of the year again – and the world’s chocolatiers haven’t let us down. Here are the craziest, most inspiring chocolate creations on an egg-and-bunny theme this April.
1. One of the big trends this year is scarily real-looking eggs, like this one from Parisian chocolatier Jacques Genin.
2. And these ‘fried eggs’ at My Sugar in Sea Point, Cape Town.
3. And these ‘volcano’ confections, from a confectioner in Leeds, UK, which look just like eggs dropping into poaching cups.
4. Grown-up eggs give a slightly less literal nod to bunnies and eggs. Like this one, from Aussie patissier Adriano Zumbo.
Last chance to get your pre-orders in for our eggscellent Easter cake “Down the Rabbit Hole” Carrot cake, carrot & lychee gel, cream cheese mousse with a ginger & lemon cream, hazelnut sable glaze, topped with toasted hazelnuts, chocolate carrots, mini chocolate Zumbarons & carrot cake pieces Click the link in my bio to pre-order, or give us a call on 1800 858 611 ✌ Also available in the cake cabinets right up till Easter! Individual & large sizes available #zumbo #easter #rabbit #carrotcake
A post shared by Adriano Zumbo (@zumbopatisserie) on
5. At La Maison du Chocolat in Paris, the bunnies are looking decidedly square this year.
5. And at Anna Shea Chocolates in Illinois, these cute bon bons are on offer.
Easter Bon Bons- Bunnys are filled with Marshmallow and Chicks are filled with Milk Chocolate Ganache #annashea #annasheachocolates #gourmetchocolate #chocolate #chocolatier #bonbon #bunnybonbon #chickbonbon #easterchocolate #easter
A post shared by Anna Shea Chocolates (@annasheachocolates) on
6. At Kate Weiser Chocolate in Dallas, USA, the cactus trend has made its way into the Easter offering.
7. Filled eggs are a big deal. Expect to find everything from mini eggs to salted caramel and nougat inside your eggs this year.
We have some very limited quantities of Easter stock now available in store only. Don’t wait, they are nearly all gone. We are open tomorrow, Thursday and maybe even Saturday if have any stock left to sell you. Get down here quick!
A post shared by New Farm Confectionery (@nfconfectionery) on
8. Game-of-Thrones-style dragon eggs are also making an appearance.
9. Of course, Creme Eggs are still a popular treat, like these cheesecake lemon-curd ones.
10. Marshmallow eggs – in a slightly elevated form – are also being turned out by master chocolatiers.
11. And just really, really, really big eggs – like this 5.4 kg beauty.
This is Bettys’ 5.4kg Imperial Easter Egg. If you’re not feeling quite that decadent, the 600g Chocolate Spring Flowers Egg is a more manageable size and made of the finest Grand Swiss Cru milk chocolate and similarly hand-decorated with spring flowers and ferns. ⠀ ⠀ This year the world’s finest chocolatiers have gone to town, crafting sumptuous Easter treats guaranteed to make mouths water. To see the rest of the gallery , head to theceomagazine.com.⠀ ⠀ #Easter #Eastereggs #Easterchocolate #chocolate #ImperialEasterEgg #Bettyschocolate #Easterindulgence #CEOindulgence
A post shared by The CEO Magazine (@theceomagazineau) on
12. There are these pretty swirled eggs from a patisserie school in Australia.
(Which is also making these insane chocolate flowers. Is it an egg? IDK. It’s beautiful.)
This weeks video on Savour Online Classes ‘CHOCOLATE FLOWER’. Subscribe today with a monthly or yearly subscription. All the details are on our website via the link in my profile. Created with @callebautoz #chocolate #kirstentibballs #savourschool #callebaut #chocolateflower #pink #video #onlineclasses @kimberleymooremedia
A post shared by Kirsten Tibballs (@savourschool) on
13. Dinosaur egg, minion egg and Mr Potato Head egg, anyone?
14. Naturally, loads of helpful bloggers have also produced how-to videos, in the event that you have time in your day to bake an egg-shaped cake, stuff it with sweets, and cover it in gold leaf.
A post shared by cakebakeoffNG (@cakebakeoffng) on
15. And there is also a whole load of people (monsters) making beautiful non-edible eggs. Emojis are popular.
Emoji Easter eggs! What’s your favorite emoji? Schreibt ihr auch immer tausend Emojis auf WhatsApp? Bei mir bestehen ganze Chats nur aus: Zeit, die Emojis mal als coole Ostereier auszuprobieren, die machen einfach sooo gute Laune! Hab heute eine Klausur in “Finanzierung und Investition” geschrieben (wo sind die BWL Studenten? ), danach brauch ich erstmal eine grooooße Portion gute Laune. Die Klausur lief nämlich so la la, wird wohl nix mit der 1,0. Hoffe, ihr seid erfolgreich(er) in die Woche gestartet! @diybloggerde #diyblogger_de • • • • #diy #diys #diyvideos #diyblogger #diyblog #diytutorial #diyvideos #buzzfeeddiy #nifty #emoji #emojis #doityourself #eastereggs #crafts #crafting #abmhappylife #ihavethisthingwithcolor #dscolor #dshappy #basteln #craftsposure #ostern #ostereier
16. Although some of them are really pretty.
A post shared by hannawendelbo (@hannawendelbo) on
17. Like these Matisse-inspired designs.
18. And these little cherubs.
A post shared by Poco Posy (@pocoposy) on
19. But to be honest, whatever the Easter egg looks like, it needs to be delicious – evidenced by these Creme Eggs baked into brownies.
You’re our hero, Eric Lanlard.
It s that time of the year !!! .. #cremeeggbrownies ….. #easter #chocolate @cakeboyldn @cadburyuk …. Happy Tuesday @instagram !!! Eric x #instafood #cake #pastrychef #london #dubai #abudhabi #qatar #france #paris #usa #losangeles #newyork #washington #chicago #singapore #japan #traveller #influencer #fitboy #fitfam #bro #aesthetic #spgcravings #spglive #marriott @cake_boy_coffeelab #brownie #brownies
20. You too, Jasper.