Have you graduated from skint student to a full-blown adult diner? See how many you can tick off on our list of 16 ways to know you’re a grownup.
1. You don’t feel the need to fill up on bread beforehand.
2. You make a booking* and honour it.
3. You arrive on time and your hair is dry.
4. You choose a restaurant based on the food and not because you have a crush on the bartender.
5. You can afford to get a starter, main and a dessert, not either/or.
6. You wait until everyone in the party has arrived before ordering drinks.
7. You actually consider the seafood platter – even if for the briefest moment.
8. You make friends with the sommelier for maximum wine top-upperage.
9. You know what a sommelier is.
10. You order wine that isn’t the cheapest bottle on the menu.
11. You drink only an elegant sufficiency.
12. You remember to put the napkin on your lap before you’re halfway through your meal.
13. You know what to do with all the cutlery you are given.
14. Your shoes remain on your feet the whole time.
15. You leave your phone in your pocket/bag during dinner (it did happen even if you don’t Instagram about it).
16. You offer to pay the bill (and mean it) instead of working out your portion with a pencil on the back.
* Making a reservation at a restaurant is super easy on the new Eat Out app. (Especially if you have phone anxiety.) Download it now to have access to online bookings, specials, menus, pics and much more.