We share office space, an editor, and over the years we’ve shared some incredible food together. Woolworths TASTE magazine is turning 10 this year, and we couldn’t be more happy for them. After all, we’re pretty sure there’s going to be cake!
And what an incredible one too! To celebrate, TASTE’s food editor has shared her recipe for this milk stout-and-chocolate cake with butterscotch sauce, caramel chocolate shards and dark chocolate icing with us. Plus, we’ve got 10 digital subscriptions to the magazine for our readers. You can enter here.
The birthday issue is on shelf now, and also includes nine other showstopping cake recipes, plus:
• celebratory dishes by 10 top SA chefs;
• a month’s worth of recipes that can all be whipped up in only 10 minutes;
• 10 great food-related reasons to travel in SA;
• 10 of Phillippa Cheifitz’s favourite Woolies ingredients;
• Allan Mullins’ 10 ultimate wines;
• 10 tips for hassle-free entertaining from Bill Granger;
• as well as a round-up of the 10 ingredients the TASTE team can’t live without, top food trends and the most popular recipes of the past decade on www.tastemag.co.za.
There is also an exclusive extract from Jamie Saves, the latest cookbook from Jamie Oliver, as well as recipes from The French Affair by former Mpumalanga plaasseun Jan Hendrik van der Westhuizen, who has just opened a restaurant on the French Riviera.
Here’s to 10 more years of tastiness.