For the mosbolletjies:
• Mix the dry ingredients.
• Heat the grape juice, butter, milk and water in a small pot till the butter is melted, then let cool till lukewarm. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients.
• Mix for 10 minutes in a stand mixer with the speed on low to medium.
• Cover with a wet towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
• Mix for another 10 minutes.
• Pinch off pieces and roll in balls then place close together in a greased bread pan.
• Leave in a warm place to rise again for 30 to 40 minutes.
• Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius.
For the roasted banana butter:
• Place the bananas, with their skins on, in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the bananas become black and emit a scent of caramel.
• Let them cool completely.
• Spoon the insides into a bowl.
• Beat the butter in a stand mixer with the beater attachment and add the roasted banana.
• Beat at the highest speed to obtain a light and fluffy texture.
• Taste and add salt, to taste.
Recipe by Jan Hendrik van der Westhuizen. Catch JAN, the chefs brand new tv show on VIA (DStv 147).