For the rice
1. Place a large pot of water (3l) on hob and bring to the boil.
2. Add the wild rice (water to just cover the rice).
3. Boil for 40 minutes.
4. Strain rice once cooked and set aside.
For the red peppers
1. Blister/char pepper on open flame until black.
2. Place in bowl and cover with clingflim to steam for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove clingfilm and rub skin off peppers using hands.
4. Remove seeds and slice.
5. Then set aside.
1. Place rice and red peppers together in a large bowl.
2. Mix through freshly chopped parsley.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Finish off with juice of half a lemon.
Private Chef is the reality cooking series that provides a glimpse into the secret, day-today life of Neill Anthony, a private chef in South Africa. Catch a double-bill every Thursday from 8pm to 9pm on DSTV's The Food Network (channel 175).