Nederburg presents the restaurant, The Red Table, situated in its iconic manor house, a national monument. It has been passionately created in collaboration with well-known Cape Town foodie, Andrea Foulkes, and offers locally-sourced, fresh food in a comfortable and historic atmosphere.
The accent is on tasty, simple but superb eating with flavours to match the award-winning range of Nederburg wines. Signature favourites include the venison burger, sirloin steak and pork belly.
During the summer months, the restaurant spills out onto the terrace and sprawling gardens against the backdrop of vineyards and the towering Drakenstein mountains. In the fragrant and lush gardens surrounding the manor house, you'll find leisurely spots in the cool shade of the age-old trees you can enjoy fare created to complement Nederburg’s delicious wines.
With fireplaces ablaze during the winter months, the plush and comfortable interior of the manor house is the perfect setting for leisurely meals shared with family and friends when chilly outside.
Beautiful setting, delicious country cuisine, generous tasty portions and gentle efficient service. Well-priced estate wine. A lovely addition to the Paarl dining scene. Do note a 10 % service charge is automatically added (we were a table of 5 adults and one child) although the service is worth this.
1. Waitress didn't offer or show us specials. We found out by chance half through meal when walking towards restrooms.
2. 3 out of 4 starters were fine and tasty but the one salad tasted like a fry up with heavily greasy croutons.
3. Sat for 15 minutes waiting for drinks or water - very disjointed service and was 39 degrees outside.Then brought only three of the four drinks.
4. She forgot ice for the drinks.
5. Main course, sirloin was rare when it was supposed to be medium. Blatantly rare. No apologies.
6. Setting very lovely but service poor not even apologetic.
7. Would recommend only for the setting but the service and food not worth it at all.
After many years of Sunday wine farm excursions my family were reluctant to do the out of town trek to The Red Table - all I can say is wow! Terrific venue, beautifully decorated and sensational food. We found the restaurant to be really good value with hearty delicious helpings and friendly service. This may just be our next Achilles heal!