Nestled away in residential North Beach, this relaxed Portuguese restaurant and bar has the relaxed vibe of Mozambique-meets-Durban. The covered patio has the feel of being outdoors while protecting diners from less friendly weather. The menu is simple, offering classic favourites like prego rolls, seafood, steaks, and more. Don't forget the starters like the flaming chorizo in brandy. Through quick and friendly service, Neo Café has earned itself a base of incredibly loyal customers, whether they come for the food or just to watch rugby at the bar.
We went for a treat on 19 July. The food was really good but I have a few grumbles and list them below:-
1. We had a hard time getting whoever answered the phone to get our name and eventually had to shout this was when we booked at about 5 pm
2. Maitre ‘d at the entrance smoking when we arrived - this going on right at entrance to restaurant
3. Menu hard to read with poor lighting. Maitre’d produced a torch -thank you
4. Loud ghastly piped music which we eventually got someone to turn down
5. Ambience was in inviting. Table cloths and/or candles not in evidence so high price of food but lack of finesse in presentation.
6. Perhaps restaurant owners are unaware that diners like to have a bit of fuss made of them. Going out is not a cheap excercise so please make it more attractive.