Calling all pizza chefs and restaurateurs: think youve got what it takes to make the best pizza in the world? Then take up the global pizza challenge!
Based on the pizza contest held annually in Australia since 1998, the Global Pizza Challenges quest is to encourage new ideas and innovation in the independent pizza sector.
The competition is open to all individual pizza makers who care about their product – whether you own or work at a tiny pizzeria, a bustling take-away joint, a swanky hotel or even a trendy trattoria.
The winner of the local pizza challenge will represent South Africa at the global finals in Asia towards the end of 2009.
How does it work?
* All pizzerias are invited to send in their recipes.
* A nominal entry fee is required to be paid by each contestant.
* The recipes are assessed by an internationally recognised chef for originality, balance, creativity and excitement factor.
* All qualifying finalists are invited to attend the final, where they will be required to cook 4 pizzas in any of the four following categories:
o Chicken or meat
o Specialty or dessert.
* One contestant will be chosen as the South African winner of the Global Pizza Challenge.
For more information, visit www.globalpizzachallenge.co.za