1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Chop the rump into small pieces. Place into a bowl and toss with the curry paste until evenly coated.
3. Shape the rump meat into 4 equal burger patties. Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat, and pan fry on each side for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Finish off in a preheated oven for 5 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the shredded lettuce and sour cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Dollop a generous amount of sour cream slaw on each burger bun, top with a rump burger patty and a little more slaw. Serve with a side of crispy fried potato chips and Maldon salt.
Serve with a glass of Nederburg’s The Motorcycle Marvel. This Rhône-style red blend of Grenache, Carignan and Shiraz honours legendary winemaker Günter Brȍzel, who was cellar-master at Nederburg from 1956 to 1989.
Click here for more delicious recipes and news from Nederburg.