Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer.
Heat the butter, grape juice, water and milk in a saucepan until the butter has melted. Set it aside and allow to cool slightly.
With the mixer set on a low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients to form a dough.
Knead the dough for 10 minutes or until a smooth dough has formed.
Cover with a wet towel and let it proof at room temperature until the dough has doubled in size.
Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and spray two loaf tins with with cooking spray.
Divide the dough into 20 even-sized pieces and form them into balls.
Place 10 pieces in each loaf tin and allow to proof again until doubled in size.
Bake the mosbolletjies for 45 minutes.
For the roasted banana butter:
• Place the bananas, with their skins on, in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the bananas become black and emit a scent of caramel.
• Let them cool completely.
• Spoon the insides into a bowl.
• Beat the butter in a stand mixer with the beater attachment and add the roasted banana.
• Beat at the highest speed to obtain a light and fluffy texture.
• Taste and add salt, to taste.
Recipe by Jan Hendrik van der Westhuizen. Catch JAN, the chefs brand new tv show on VIA (DStv 147).