1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease and line a medium sized, shallow baking tin.
3. Melt the chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla together in heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
4. Remove from the heat once melted.
5. Add eggs and sugar into electric mixer, whisk till combined.
6. Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt onto baking paper.
7. Add to eggs till combined, pour chocolate in and mix until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
8. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or till top starts to crack.
9. Turn off the oven, allow brownies to cool for a further 5min.
10. Remove from oven, allow to cool completely in the tin
11. Warm the brownies in oven at 180°C for 5 min.
12. Remove from oven.
13. Remove from tray and cut into squares.
14. Place on serving board/plate.
For the chocolate drizzle:
15. Melt the chopped chocolate, in heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
16. Remove once melted.
17. Drizzle over brownies.
For the berry ice:
18. Place all ingredients in Vitamix and blend till smooth.
19. Spoon over warm brownies and serve immediately.
Private Chef is the reality cooking series that provides a glimpse into the secret, day-today life of a private chef in South Africa. Catch it on DStv's Food Network (channel 175).