2 peeled and crushed cloves of
1 chopped chilli
2 tbsp olive oil
500g good-quality pork sausages
2 x 400ml cans chopped tomatoes
3 sprigs rosemary
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp mascarpone
- Gently fry the garlic and chilli in the olive oil over a low heat for 30 seconds until golden and fragrant.
- Squeeze the sausage meat out of the casings and into the pan. Turn up the heat to medium high and stir the pork mince for five minutes until it browns.
- Add canned tomatoes, rosemary and seasoning. Fold together and bring to a gentle simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the mascarpone and season to taste.
- Serve with hot tagliatelle pasta, warm crusty bread and more crushed black pepper.
Tip: You can use chicken sausages instead of pork bangers if you prefer.
Recipe by Hannah Lewry. First appeared in City Press.