On 16 November the winners of the 2014 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards will be announced. It’s the biggest night of the year in the South African foodie calendar. (So big, in fact, that this year, we’ve hired an aircraft hangar!) For one night only six of the country’s top chefs will work together to pull off a fabulous five course meal, paired with wonderful wines and other brilliant beverages.
We’re giving you and nine of your friends the opportunity to be there as we crown South Africa’s new Top 10 restaurants. Get your ballgown ready, pull out your bowtie and shine those dress-shoes. You’ll need them to party the night away on a soundtrack created by renowned DJ René.
Entering is as easy as taking a photo.
All you need to do to enter is to follow EatOutTable on Instagram and complete these 5 easy steps:
1. Post a photo of your table at a restaurant where you’re dining;
2. Tag EatOutTable and the *region where you are dining (using Tag People);
3. Add to Photo Map
4. Hashtag #eatoutguide and #restaurantname; and
5. Share on Facebook and Twitter!
*regions are EatOutCapeTown, EatOutJoburg, EatOutDurban, EatOutPretoria, EatOutPE, EatOutBloem, EatOutWinelands, EatOutCoastal and EatOutInland.
Remember to tag the 9 friends you want to invite along in your Facebook post and remember to get them involved. The more you share the better your chances. Each picture is an entry so if your friends share their pictures on Instagram too your chances increase ninefold!
By posting your photo you will also be part of contributing to the world’s first Instagram restaurant directory created by South Africans who Eat Out. Follow EatOutTable on Instagram see what the directory looks like. (Please note, it will only display properly on smartphones, not desktops.)
Tickets to the 2014 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards are also available on Webtickets at a cost of R1850 per person.
• Each photo enters you into a random draw, from which the winner will be selected.
• The competition closes on 9 November 2014.
• The winner will be contacted via Instagram on 10 Nov.
• If the winner does not claim the prize within two days of being notified, a new winner will be drawn.
• The event takes place in Cape Town, and no airfare or other costs are included in the prize.
• Tickets are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
• Employees of New Media Publishing and the prize sponsor company, their families, agencies or any other parties associated with the competition may not enter.
• For full rules and regulations, view our terms and conditions.
*Regions are EatOutCapeTown, EatOutJoburg, EatOutDurban, EatOutPretoria, EatOutPE, EatOutBloem,
EatOutWinelands, EatOutCoastal and EatOutInland.