For the beef
1. Season board with coarse salt.
2. Roll beef into salt until coated and roll and wrap fillet tightly with cling film.
3. Leave to rest in fridge until needed.
4. Remove from fridge and unwrap.
5. Set oven to 90°C.
6. Place fillets on oven tray and roast for 90 minutes.
7. Remove and allow to rest
For the oxtail
1. Heat olive oil up in a large pot over a medium heat.
2. Season oxtail with salt and pepper.
3. Brown oxtail in pot and remove once browned.
4. Add onion and garlic to pot and allow to cook off, approximately 4-5 minutes.
5. Add oxtail back into pot with fresh thyme and cover with hot stock.
6. Simmer over a low heat for 3 hours (stirring occasionally)
7. Remove from heat once meat is soft and tender.
For the potatoes
1. Place potatoes into a medium sauce pan.
2. Season, cover with water and cook until soft.
3. Remove from stove, drain and set aside.
4. Place potatoes in medium-size non-stick pan and roast with garlic and thyme. Remove from pan once warmed through.
5. Add to oxtail, ready to serve.
To finish the beef
1. Heat up a non-stick griddle pan and place beef fillets in pan.
2. Sear until charred marking appear.
3. Remove and allow to rest before serving.
To finish off the sauce
1. Take 1 ladle of oxtail braising liquid and heat up in a small saucepan.
2. Add mascarpone to sauce and stir to combine.
1. In a large saucepan, wilt baby spinach over a medium heat.
2. Remove from pan and allow to drain.
3. Place on plate once drained and serve with slices of beef fillet.
4. Finish off with sauce.
5. Chop parsley, mix with olive oil, and place on top of oxtail to finish off.
Private Chef is the reality cooking series that provides a glimpse into the secret, day-today life of Neill Anthony, a private chef in South Africa. Catch it on DSTV's The Food Network (channel 175).